Probably the most common issues that we face are usually a crashing program. It doesn’t matter how much the MacBook laptop’s batteries and slow net connection irritates you, crashed programs beats all of them. This information will enable you to learn how to force close a crashed program which remains stuck.
Force Closing a Crashed Program Using MacBook Keyboard Shortcuts
Quitting a crashed program using keyboard is probably the most simple along with the fastest way.
- To quit a crashed app, press ‘Option+Command+Escape‘ simultaneously. On your own keyboard, you will find the ‘Command’ button located on the bottom-left, ‘Alt/Option’ about the bottom-left (next to Command button) and ‘Escape’ about the upper-left corner.
- By pressing along the ‘Option+Command+Escape’ keys simultaneously, your computer will load a ‘Force Quit App’ window. This window will highlight a listing of programs running. This system, close to that you just see ‘Not Responding’, may be the one that has crashed. Choose the crashed program, after which select the ‘Force Quit’ button. When you complete these steps, inside a few seconds your computer will close the unresponsive program.
Force Closing Using Apple Menu
If somehow you are not able to quit an unresponsive application, then don’t trouble yourself. You’ve still got other choices to do this. When you are not able to close a crashed app with your keyboard, you can test force closing by utilising ‘Apple Menu’. To make close using ‘Apple Menu’, follow these steps:
- At the upper-left corner of Mac screen, there is an ‘Apple’ icon. Check out that icon.
- By simply clicking it, your computer will load a drop-down list. Having a variety of other available choices, select ‘Force Quit’ from that drop-down menu.
- After you choose to forcefully close the app, the device will directly make you a ‘Force Quit App’ window. On this window, try to find the application form close to which ‘Not Responding’ is constructed. Select that application after which clicks ‘Force Quit’.
- Within seconds of clicking this method, your computer will forcefully close the crashed program when you press the.
Force Close Using Dock
A different way to force close a crashed application is always to quit it while using dock. Just support the ‘Option’ key after which right-click about the app’s icon. Your computer will immediately cause you to a compact window with a few options. From that small window’s list, select ‘Force Quit’, along with your system will forcefully close the unresponsive application.
Note: Before you decide to forcefully quit any program, double-check when the unresponsive program continues to be frozen or otherwise as sometimes while opening the ‘Force Quit’ window, this system un-freezes without attention.